Out of all the various parts of Los Angeles, few are as eclectic and interesting as Malibu. The entire Malibu area is filled with a variety of dining, shopping, and entertainment opportunities and those who call it home are always able to find something to enjoy. If you’re one of the many people considering moving to the Malibu area, we here at Suzanne Dranow have found that learning a bit more about what it has to offer is a good idea.
With that in mind, here’s a closer look at some of the different things that you will be able to enjoy when you call Malibu home.
- Wineries – The Canyons offer some of the best wine in the state. While other regions have taken the crown, the wineries in Malibu are among the oldest in California and offer a good selection to sample.
- Malibu Pier – This isn’t the pier to head to if you want to enjoy a fun, carnival-style day. Instead, it’s a fishing mecca. There are excellent bait shops, plenty of fish in the sea, and several restaurants like The Beachcomber and Ruby’s Diner that offer great food.
- Santa Monica Pier – This is the classic, touristy pier experience. It features an aquarium, an arcade, and the classic Pacific Park amusement park complete with roller coasters, gondola rides, and the country’s only solar powered Ferris Wheel. If you want classic fun, there’s no better place to go.
- Venice Boardwalk – From tarot-card readers to tattoo artists to drum circles to roller skaters wearing little more than a few pieces of fabric, this is a great place for those looking to enjoy the wild side of life. There’s even a freak show to take in if you like.
- Malibu Country Mart – You’ll find plenty of boutiques alongside well known stores like Juicy Couture, as well as excellent restaurants here. It is designed to look rustic while still offering great modern shops.
- Beaches – There are also plenty of beaches to check out, from El Matador Beach to Venice Beach to the Surfrider Beach. Each beach has its own unique personality, and they’re all worth checking out.
Simply put, Malibu offers something for everyone. A big part of the fun of living here is simply getting out and experiencing new restaurants or shops for yourself, but the places listed above are among the numerous highlights that the city has to offer to you.