Los Angeles is known for a lot of things, and decadence is certainly among them. That extends to virtually every part of the city, and here at Suzanne Dranow we’ve seen firsthand just how impressive the homes here can be. LA is home to some of the most incredible, largest private homes in the entire country and taking a look at some of them can help highlight the huge range of possibilities you’ll find when you begin shopping for your own property.
With that in mind, here’s a look at just a few of the largest private homes in Los Angeles.
- The Manor In Holmby Hills – Built by TV magnate Aaron Spelling and owned by him until 2011, this tops the list easily with a huge 56,500 square feet of living space that includes a 100 car garage, 17 bedrooms, 30 bathrooms, a bowling alley, and more. It was sold by the Spellings in 2011 for $85 million to the daughter of Formula 1 legend Bernie Ecclestone.
- Pritzker Estate – Located in Beverly Hills, this home features 49,300 square feet and features multiple buildings. It includes a hairdressing salon, a gym, media library, game room, bar, bowling alley, and more and is currently owned by Anthony Pritzker, the heir to the Hyatt Hotels.
- Le Belvedere – Situated in prestigious Bel Air, This home was built by Mohammed Hadid – ex-husband of “Yolanda” from the Real Housewives of Beverly Hills. It features 48,000 square feet and has a 5,000 bottle wine cellar, a screening room for films, 19 fireplaces, 10 bedrooms, and 14 baths. It’s a true example of pure luxury and immense size.
- Fleur de Lys – This 35,000 square foot home features 12 bedrooms, 15 bathrooms, and is located in Holmby Hills. With marble walls, a 50 seat movie theatre, a ballroom, gym, and pool house, it’s one of the most impressive trophy homes in the area and was purchased by an unknown buyer in 2014 for $105 million in cash.
- Alagem Residence – Another home located in Bel Air, this 45,891 square foot home sits on 4 acres and is owned by the founder of Packard Bell – Beny Alagem. It features 10 bathrooms, 6 bedrooms, and numerous amenities that help it stand out.
These are just a few of LA’s most impressive and largest homes. There are plenty of others that regularly appear on the markets, including plenty that will rival the ones above in terms of amenities, size, and luxury.