Los Angeles is the city of the stars, and it’s filled with all the various things that scream out ‘luxury’. From huge luxury homes to high-end boutique shopping to great upscale dining, the city really does have everything you would expect. It’s also very common to see some supercars on LA roads. Some of these vehicles truly stand out, and at Suzanne Dranow we think it’s worth taking a closer look at the top ten supercars you might see in the LA area.
- Nissan GT-R – Most wouldn’t expect a Nissan to make the list, but this slick sports car can reach 0-62 in just under three seconds. It’s classy, comfortable, and sporty.
- Ferrari California T – With a name like the California, this one has to be on the list. Ferrari purists didn’t’ care for this vehicle, but it features a turbocharged engine and classic Ferrari design.
- Lamborghini Huracan – Few cars turn as many heads as a Lamborghini, and this four wheel drive supercar is a must-see if you like Italian luxury performance vehicles.
- Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG – This new addition to the Mercedes line offers some of the most precise handling out there along with a powerful engine and some great performance.
- McLaren 650S – This flashy car features a sleek, contoured design and high-octane performance that has helped it land on many ‘best of’ lists.
- Koenigsegg One:1 – For pure performance, few are able to match the One:1. While you probably won’t’ see it reach these speeds on the LA road, this car can go from zero to 249MPH in only 20 seconds. Then, it can stop completely from that 249 in just 10 seconds. That’s the power of a true supercar.
- BMW i8 – This one can make it to from 0 to 62 in 4.4 seconds. That’s not that impressive compared to others on this list until you realize that it offers 130mpg fuel economy thanks to its electric hybrid engine.
- Porsche 918 Spyder – Another supercar that’s also a hybrid. This one looks like a racing vehicle, and is powered by a combination of aV8 engine and two electric motors that can get it to 60 in 2.5 seconds.
- Ferrari LaFerrari – Another Ferrari makes this list, and this one has an electric powertrain that offers better fuel consumption along with its sleek looks. It can produce a staggering 950bhp, which is more than enough for most.
- McLaren P1 – This vehicle not only looks incredibly unique, but it offers tremendous performance as well. One thing’s for sure – if you see this one on the LA streets, you’ll know it.
Life in LA is all about luxury living, and that certainly means that you’ll see your fair share of supercars out there on the road. The ones above are just the tip of the iceberg.